|This guide will help you learn how to automatically generate a Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) with Apatar. UUIDs can be used to identify one's records with reasonable confidence that the identifier will never be unintentionally used by anyone for anything else.|
To generate a UUID in Apatar,
- Open an operation node (Transform, Filter, or whatever).
- Switch to the Functions tab.
- Click on the Constant section and find the Generate UUID icon.
- Drag-and-Drop it to the to the operation's work panel.
- Drag-and-Drop the data field to write the generated UUID into.
- Map the function node with the data field.
- Click Ok.
To preview the results, right-click on the operation node and select Preview Results.