Apatar Team Member
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
|Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:37 pm Post subject: Apatar to Host Data Mashup Contest
|Apatar to Host Data Mashup Contest During OSCON, July 23-27, 2007, in Portland, OR and at LinuxWorld, in San Francisco, CA, August 6-9, 2007
(July 24, 2007) Chicopee, MA – Apatar, Inc., the leading provider of open source software tools for the data integration market, today announced the official launch of the Apatar Data Mashup Contest with an Apple 80GB Video iPod as the main prize. The challenge will take place during two major open source trade shows: the O’Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON), Portland, OR on July 23-27, 2007 and the LinuxWorld Conference and Expo in San Francisco, CA on August 6-9, 2007.
The mashup phenomenon enabled users and developers around the globe to mix data easily, create gadgets/widgets, and join them in the form of situational applications. Apatar, Inc. invites developers to ride the wave and participate in the Apatar Data Mashup Contest with a chance to win exciting prizes sponsored by Apatar, Inc., the company providing support and services around the open source project, Apatar Data Integration. The winners of the Apatar Data Mashup Contest will have an opportunity to join the community of distinguished contributors to the Apatar Data Integration project, based on their mashup experience using Apatar open source software.
1. The Apatar Data Mashup Contest will reward the author of The Best Business DataMap with an Apple 80GB video iPod.
2. The author of the The Most Innovative DataMap Concept wins an Apple 2GB iPod nano.
How to Participate
The objective of participants is to develop and contribute a collection of feeds and data flows that will be assembled into the business data mashup.
1. Visit www.apatar.com and click “Download Now” to install the Apatar software client application.
2. Using Apatar software, mix two or more feeds/data sources and produce a new integration job, called DataMap, with the goal to reap business benefits for the user of the aggregated data.
3. Participants who have created eligible DataMap(s), need to register and publish submissions at Apatar’s On-Demand metadata repository, found at www.ApatarForge.org.
Rules and Requirements
1. All DataMaps should be submitted online to the open source metadata repository, found at http://www.apatarforge.org, in the category "Apatar Data Mashup Contest."
2. When multiple authors participate, credit will be associated with the registered DataMap developer.
3. There is no limitation to the number of DataMap submissions a contest participant can submit.
4. The deadline to enter submissions for the contest is 11:59 PM. EDT on Friday, August 31, 2007.
5. The two official winners of the contest will be announced at 3:00 PM. EDT on Wednesday, September 5, 2007.
All submissions will be evaluated on the basis of:
1. Business value and applicability
2. Concept innovation
3. DataMap creativity
"The problem each enterprise faces is how do customers, partners, vendors, and everyone else with an interest in an enterprise can securely exchange the company’s data and services within their own enterprise applications. The Apatar Data Mashup Contest will accelerate integration information between applications, databases, files, and systems in a more open, reusable, shareable way," said Apatar Founder and CEO Renat Khasanshyn. “Data Mashups are going to change the way for the information to be used inside and outside of the enterprise easily.”
"OSCON and LinuxWorld have been traditionally perceived as the most successful, content-rich conferences for open source developers and IT professionals," said Apatar VP of Business Development Ludmila Radzevich. “The Apatar Data Mashup Contest was created with the goal to showcase how emerging Enterprise 2.0 software tools can quickly and inexpensively link 'the cloud' and the existing on-demand and on-premises applications and databases across the enterprise.”
For more information and to register for OSCON, visit:
For more information and to register for LinuxWorld, visit
For details on How to Participate, Rules and Requirements, and Evaluation Criteria visit www.apatar.com or click here http://www.apatarforge.org/wiki/display/INT/2007/07/24/Apatar to Host Data Mashup Contest During OSCON, July 23-27, 2007, in Portland, OR and at LinuxWorld, in San Francisco, CA, August 6-9, 2007
Blog on Data Integration and Open Source
Contact Apatar Team